Sunday, August 28, 2011

Next Book?

Here are pictures of all the books listed on the poll, that you guys want to see posted on here. Hopefully if we get enough followers, maybe we can even start a book club and have a discussion about all the books we read. That would be ultra-cool. :)


1) The Help by Kathryn Stockett

This book was made into a film and recently came out in theaters. I haven't seen it yet, but when I do, I'll let you know if it was worth seeing.


2) The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

This book has also been made into a movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


3) The Princess by Lori Wick

This book is by a Christian author, and that does play into her writing a lot, but I don't think it ruins the plotline or anything. It's definitely worth reading.


4) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

This book is also a film, and both moved me to tears. I recommend reading the book before watching the movie though, as I always do. The film did the book a fair justice though. It was very well done. If you've seen the movie, I definitely recommend reading the book -- it's even better.


5) A Man Without A Country by Kurt Vonnegut

He also wrote Slaughterhouse Five if any of you read that. I haven't read either of them, but I definitely want to. They're both on my list.


6) Right Ho, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

Another book recommended to me by my English teacher of last year. It's supposed to be highly entertaining.


7) Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Everyone I know who's read this book has really enjoyed it.


8) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

A classic I have yet to read.


9) Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

Another recommendation.


10) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shafer and Annie Barrows

One of the best books I have ever read, hands down! It was recommended to me by Kelsey, and I loved every minute of it.


11) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Another recommendation from Kelsey.


12) Peace Like A River by Leif Enger

Kelsey gives fabulous book recommendations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment