Friday, March 2, 2012

Maggie by Charles Martin

***SPOILERS***
DON'T READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ 'THE DEAD DON'T DANCE'






This book is the sequel to The Dead Don't Dance by Charles Martin. 


"When Maggie opened her eyes that New Year's Day some seventeen months ago, I felt like I could see again. The fog lifted off my soul, and for the first time since our son had died and she had gone to sleep-some four months, sixteen days, eighteen hours, and nineteen minutes earlier-I took a breath deep enough to fill both my lungs."


Life began again for Dylan Styles when his beloved wife Maggie awoke from a coma. A coma brought on by the intense two-day labor that resulted in heartbreaking loss. In this poignant love story that is redolent with Southern atmosphere, Dylan and Maggie must come to terms with their past before they can embrace their future.

http://www.amazon.com/Maggie-Awakening-Series-Charles-Martin/dp/1595540555/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330722195&sr=1-1


This book was definitely as good as the first one. It had a very satisfactory ending, and stayed just as realistic (for the most part) as the first one. It didn't ruin the series or the first book in my opinion, and felt like the perfect second half of their story. I don't think it could have finished in a better way.

So read it and let me know what you think!

--Sadie 

Rating: 5/5 stars

4 comments:

  1. hello. i love your blog. great reviews! have you read The Hunger Games? thats my book of choice right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read The Hunger Games. I really enjoyed the first book, but not the second two quite as much. I felt Mockingjay was very rushed and didn't really leave you much room to breathe or process what had happened -- I feel like Suzanne could have drawn it out and added more details and maybe a bit more plot. I felt it ended too suddenly, and didn't really leave me satisfied. I am very excited for the movie though; I think it will be fantastic.

      Have you read all of them? I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't. I'd love to hear your take on that series too. :)

      Delete
  2. i havent read the last book yet. i thought that the second book was really good though. if you have time i would love it if you shared your opinion of the hunger games on my blog because im having a movie discussion right now with my followers -thanks for the follow by the way :)

    ReplyDelete